Thai ID Card
- General information
- Applying for a Thai National ID card
- Office hours
- Required documents
- Application for Thai National ID card
- Thai National ID card is valid for 8 years.
- Applicants eligible to apply for Thai National ID card must have previous card and the name must not be registered in Central House Registration.
- Thai National ID card contains details of personal data in accordance with Thailand's database on House Registration system. In the case that the applicants wish to change the name title or surname after marriage or divorce, the applicants are required to apply for an amendment of his/her personal data at Thai District Offices in Thailand prior to applying for Thai National ID.
Applying for a Thai National ID card
- Thai National ID card contains biometric information that can be used to authenticate the identity so one must apply for Thai National ID in person only.
- Applicants can renew Thai National ID card up to 60 days prior to the expiry of the current card.
- There is no charge for renewing the card or changing name title.
- The application fee of AUD 5.00 (cash only) is applied in the cases of loss or damage, change of name, surname or address.
- Thai National ID card will be issued immediately after the application process is completed.
- Thai National ID form completely filled out.
Monday to Friday
Morning 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Afternoon 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm
*Except public holidays (additional information about official public holidays)
Renewal of Thai National ID card
Replacement of damaged card
Change of name title or address
- Current Thai National ID card
Loss of Thai National ID card
- Current Thai passport (If the applicants do not have Thai passport, Thai House Registration or Birth Certificate and the Australian Photo Identity showing the same name and last name as Thai National ID card, are required)
Loss or replacement of old-versioned Thai National ID card (black and white)
- Thai passport or Household Registration or Thai Birth Certificate indicating 13-digited Thai Citizen Number as well as Australian Photo Identity showing the same name and surname as shown in the Thai documents.
- If the Australian Photo Identity shows different name and surname, the applicants must bring documents indicating the name change or Marriage Certificate for identity proof.
Name and surname change on Thai National ID card
- Current Thai National ID card and Certificate of Name Change in Thailand.